Hearing the term thalassotherapy, not everyone will understand, what is this about, but nonetheless, this concept has been around for a very long time..
The concept of thalassotherapy, and in a different way treatment by the sea, introduced into general use in the 19th century by the Frenchman La Bonnardier. But about that, the Greek philosopher Euripides knew that the sea can cure diseases, lived in 450 years BC. e. Its main postulate is: "The sea is able to wash away all human diseases". To date “marine treatment” spread all over the world, especially in Mediterranean countries, because it is one of the most effective procedures for rejuvenation and healing. Very popular among tourists thalassotherapy in Tunisia and France. It is these two countries that are her homeland..
What is thalassotherapy and its benefits
Before you understand, what does thalassotherapy mean, You should know, how does this term translate. From the Greek "thalasso" means sea., a "therapy" treatment. As a matter of fact, it's the spa treatment, which is carried out by a beautician, but in addition to the rejuvenating effect, it focuses on the treatment of diseases. That is, these are spa sessions using seafood: sea water, seaweed, therapeutic mud, seafood and, finally, sea air.
The benefits of such marine treatment cannot be overestimated., since sea water and other seafood contain many trace elements, necessary for a person. Sea treatment boosts immunity, improves blood circulation, removes wastes and toxins and generally favorably affects human health. A person after thalassotherapy experiences a surge of strength and vigor. The price of thalassotherapy depends on many factors - the host country, cost of accommodation, flights and so on.
Thalassotherapy treatments are offered by many spas, Well, they have one significant disadvantage., not allowing this treatment to be complete, namely the absence of sea air. The same can be said about conducting sessions at home.. There is no question of any maritime climate, only if you don't live on the coast.
Indications for “sea treatment”
Sea treatment is especially effective for:
- pain in joints and muscles;
- obese, cellulites;
- diseases of the nervous system, chronic fatigue;
- Wrinkles and skin laxity;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- cancer diseases (How does therapy make it easier?);
- skin diseases (dermatitis, psoriasis, etc.);
- Edema of the extremities;
The main components of thalassotherapy
Depending on the components used, there are different types of thalassotherapy.. Except sea water, other marine components are used in this procedure: seaweed, dirt, salt and air.
- Sea water treatment involves swimming in the sea, which is good for the nervous system, cardiovascular and musculoskeletal system. Besides, sea water saturates the body with those elements, he needs.
- Algae in thalassotherapy is the main component. The most popular seaweed wraps. Algae can remove toxins and excess water from the body, what helps to cope with excessive swelling, and also nourishes the skin with all the necessary vitamins and minerals. More commonly used algae such as kelp and fucus.
- Sea mud is also used for body wraps., as it is able to keep warm for a long time.
The main thalassotherapy treatments include:
- Wrap (hot and cold). Particularly effective wrap for cellulite. Cold wrap is indicated for swelling and pain. For him, kelp is soaked in cold water., so, for a hot wrap, seaweed is soaked in warm, but not hot water, otherwise it starts to lose useful properties.
- Thalassotherapy face, i.e. mud masks, especially useful for oily skin. They normalize the functioning of the sebaceous glands, also cleanse pores.
Thalassotherapy at home
Undoubtedly, if you do not have the opportunity to go to the resort, you can arrange your own spa with thalassotherapy. Making your own wrap is not difficult., in addition, specialized stores sell special cosmetics for thalassotherapy. Just follow the step by step instructions for use.. If there was none on the tool, we present your step by step scheme:
- Apply sea mud or algae to your body, pre-soaked.
- Wrap this area with plastic wrap..
- Wrap yourself up in a warm blanket and lie down for about 40-60 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, the algae or dirt is washed off and a moisturizer is applied to the body..
Contraindications to “sea treatment”
There are few negative sides or any contraindications in thalassotherapy, but still they are, Therefore, before the session, it is necessary to consult a specialist doctor. The main contraindications are:
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Allergy to the ingredients used;
- Any infection;
- Acute stage of any disease;
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding;
- respiratory diseases;
- Past heart attack or stroke;
- Phlebeurysm (with hot wrap).
Contraindications are quite serious and if you neglect this, you can cause irreparable harm to your body.. If you have any of the listed diseases, should consult a doctor, as a specialist will help you find the right resort for you, where sea water has the optimal mineral composition for you.
And in conclusion, it is worth noting, that thalassotherapy is not only a medical and cosmetic procedure, but it also applies to relaxing. You will notice the effect of thalassotherapy, as soon as you return home from vacation. You will feel rejuvenated and full of energy. Rest on the sea and thalassotherapy procedure in tandem will give an amazing result. Be healthy and beautiful!
- Definition of thalassotherapy. Shorter Oxford English Dictionary / Angus Stevenson, ed.. — 6th ed.. — Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007. — T. 2: N-Z. — S. 3225. - ISBN 978-0-19-920687-2.