Dizziness, Nonvertigo (Nonvertigo Dizziness)
What nevraschatelnoe dizziness?
Dizziness may cause a feeling of weakness, nausea, unpleasant sensations in the head. Also, while it may be lightheadedness. Vertigo may pass quickly enough, or be a lengthy state, which interferes with daily activities. Nevraschatelnoe vertigo differs from the usual dizziness, which manifests itself as a sense of rotation of the body or the surrounding objects, when you are not moving.
Causes of dizziness nevraschatelnogo
Nevraschatelnoe dizziness can cause many disorders and diseases, such as:
- Orthostatic hypotension – drop in blood pressure while in a standing position;
- Neurological disorders;
- Disease, affecting the blood circulation;
- Anxiety disorders;
- Alcohol abuse or drug use;
- Infection or fever;
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Gipoglikemiâ – Low blood sugar;
Some medications, which can also cause dizziness:
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE);
- Calcium channel blockers;
- Tricyclic antidepressants;
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
Risk Factors nevraschatelnogo dizziness
Dizziness is a symptom, which may be caused by other disease. Specific risk factors of vertigo does not exist.
Symptoms of dizziness nevraschatelnogo
Symptoms depend on the type of vertigo. Common symptoms include:
- Sense of rotation;
- Nausea or vomiting;
- Problems with vision or hearing;
When should you see a doctor when a nevraschatelnogo dizziness?
Consult your doctor, If you have the following symptoms:
- Dizziness is enhanced or worsening symptoms occur;
- Signs of infection, such as fever or chills;
- There are indications, that the cause of vertigo may be taken drugs.
- Hearing loss;
- Headache, arising for dizziness;
- Other painful symptoms, in addition to dizziness.
When should immediately seek medical help when a nevraschatelnogo dizziness?
It is necessary to immediately seek medical attention or call an ambulance, If there are:
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Fast, irregular heartbeat, or chest pain;
It is also the cause of vertigo may be a stroke. Its symptoms can include:
- Lower face – One side of his face was numb and looks lowered;
- Weakness in hands – One of the hands numb, become weak or falls down when you try to pick it up;
- Difficulty with speech – gibber, inability to speak, or the inability to repeat a simple sentence;
- Numbness or weakness in the legs;
- Difficulty walking;
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
Diagnosis nevraschatelnogo dizziness
The doctor will ask about your symptoms and medical history and a physical exam. They can be assigned to analysis of biological fluids, Why apply:
- Blood tests;
- Blood Pressure Measurement.
To take pictures of body structures can be assigned:
- Computed tomography of the head;
To study the electrical activity of the heart is assigned an electrocardiogram (ECG) .
Other tests may include:
- Tilt-test – passive orthostatic test;
- Hearing and vision tests.
Treatment of vertigo nevraschatelnogo
Treatment depends on the cause of vertigo. If the cause of vertigo is a disease, his treatment will help to reduce the symptoms. Methods of treatment include dizziness nevraschatelnogo:
|Reason||Method of treatment|
|Orthostatic hypotension||Medication, changes in lifestyle and diet|
|Motion sickness||Medication, lifestyle changes|
|Anxiety disorder or other mental health problems||Therapy and treatment|
|Infection||Antibiotics or antiviral drugs|
|Dizziness due to drugs taken||Replacement of drugs taken for other|
|Imbalance||Physiotherapy and exercises to improve balance|
Home care and lifestyle changes
To avoid injury in a fit of vertigo:
- If you feel dizzy, immediately sit down. Besides, We need to avoid actions, that can cause injury, such as driving a car, working with machinery or climbing stairs;
- In the shower and on the floor in the bathroom, use non-slip mats;
- Include in the hallways and in the bathroom light at night. As such, it is best to use a small nightlight.
- Use a cane, if you feel, that the need for additional support.
Prevention nevraschatelnogo dizziness
To prevent dizziness:
- Avoid sudden movements;
- Avoid sudden movement of the head in different directions;
- Avoid smoking, alcohol abuse, drug;
- Timely start treatment of diseases, dizzying;
- Timely start treatment of infections;
- Talk to your doctor, if you have side effects from medication.