What is ankiloglossiâ?
Ankiloglossiâ – difficulties with moving language due to seal the tissue beneath it. Limited movement of the tongue could interfere with speech or chewing. The degree of restriction can vary from person to person.
Ankiloglossiâ is present in humans from birth, a congenital defect.
Causes of ankiloglossii
Cloth, which is called the frenulum, It is located on the bottom of the language and connects with the lower jaw, reaching nearly to the gum. After the birth of the frenulum should stretch, that leads to increased mobility of language. In some cases a bridle does not stretch, As expected. The exact cause of this is not clear, but it is expected that this may be due to genetic factors.
Risk factors ankiloglossii
Ankiloglossija is more common in boys. It may also be more likely, If ankiloglossiâ occurs in other family members.
The symptoms will depend on the degree of language restraints. The majority of children with ankiloglossiej do not have any symptoms.
If the symptoms are observed, then they have some functional problems, such as:
- Problems with the seizure and retention of the nipple during breastfeeding or bottle;
- The complexity of cleaning food from the teeth or mouth tongue (more common in older children);
- The complexity of language, eg, for lips or oblizyvaniâ ice cream, Kisses;
- Problems with speech.
Ankiloglossiâ can be diagnosed using a normal physical examination.
If there is no severe problems with functionality, doctor may recommend observation. With time, bridle can help itself.
The frenulum can be eased by surgery, If there is a strong restriction in movement language, the difficulty of weight gain, or psychosocial problems, speech problems. Ankiloglossii treatment methods include:
- Frenuloplasty bridles language – dissection bridles, to increase the mobility of language;
- Frenulèktomiâ – complete removal of the frenulum of the tongue;
- Frenuloplastika – restoring bridles without fully removing it. It also may be necessary to adjust the other defects, detected during the frenuloplastiki.
These operations can often be performed in the doctor's Office under local anesthesia.
After operation, child, perhaps, you will need to perform exercises to improve mobility of language and/or attend speech therapy.
At the moment there are no methods to prevent twist, because it is not obvious what the reason for its appearance.